Throughout 2014, there are a handful of days during which the National Park Service will waive entrance fees at Grand Canyon and other national parks. If you need an extra incentive to check out Grand Canyon, these fee-free days are a great time to visit. The 2014 fee-free days are:
- January 20 — Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15-17 — Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20 — opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25 — National Park Service Birthday
- September 27 — National Public Lands Day
- November 11 — Veterans Day
If you’re an active duty member of the military (or a dependent of an active duty member), you qualify for a free interagency pass that grants access to national parks and other federal land. You can pick up the pass at the park in person by displaying your Common Access Card (CAC) or Military ID (Form 1173). It’s a convenient pass card with a convoluted name: The America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass. It’s available to the public for $80.